Feel free to add your favorite recipes with market related items!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Oven Roated Summer Vegetables
Source: Everyday Food Magazine Summer 2011 issue (adapted) (Entered by Renee Gahan)
I did this with the veggies that were in my farm box last week. It was fantastic! If you don’t have three pounds of vegetables exact, use one tablespoon of oil per pound. Below is what I used, but you can use summer squash, mushrooms, green beans, etc.
Serves: Six 1/2 cup servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 475
- Chop vegetables into 1 inch pieces. Finely chop half the onion. Cut remaining onion into wedges.
- In a large bowl, drizzle 3 tablespoons over the vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix until vegetables are coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Divide between two baking sheets in a single layer. Silpats or parchment paper are awesome to use here for the nonstick issue.
- Roast until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once. I let the edges of the vegetables get pretty dark, and it was truly good. Let cool on sheets. Toss with fresh chopped parsley.
- Use as a salad base for your favorite bean and some feta or serve by itself as a side.
Comments added by fellow market members.