Feel free to add your favorite recipes with market related items!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Roasted Eggplant Spread
Source: Renee Gahan (Entered by Renee Gahan)
I get so excited when eggplants are in season because it means that I can make this spread. You could vary the vegetables that go into this spread but keep roasted eggplant as the base vegetable.
Serves: Makes 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 475 and chop the vegetables into consistent sized pieces. The larger the pieces, the less prep work. The smaller the pieces, the more flavor. Leave the onion unpeeled and quarter. Leave the garlic whole and unpeeled.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast eggplant, bell peppers, onion, and garlic until soft. Let cool. Remove the peel from the onion and garlic.
- In a food processor, puree everything. Add oil and tomato paste if you are using it. Puree to the texture of your liking.
- Serve with pita or use in sandwiches, omelettes, or any other way that you are so inspired.
Comments added by fellow market members.